Monday, June 25, 2012

A PERFECT DAY

As I stood in pseudo-mediation for 20 minutes watching the duck that had made the tall jump to our floating raft this evening I was feeling very contented to be sharing my space, after all the fauna we get here is a big part of having a woodland garden on a lake for me.

Just as I was thinking how nice it was that this particular duck didn't mind sharing the space either, especially with me puttering around on shore, 2 other ducks landed and regrouped with #1.  I say 'regrouped' because even though I don't speak duck there was no missing that these ducks were previous acquaintances.  Absolutely happy to see one another.

After that, a swim at dusk in utter silence with the dogs waiting patiently at the end of the dock.   Ever had the pleasure of having an entire lake to yourself? 
Bliss.

Here is a view 'from the Lakefront Garden' instead 'of the Lakefront Garden'.
To honour the ducks that were my pals today I thought I would share some recent pics of other visitors I've had recently at the cottage.


I found this link to Ontario's Salamanders only after searching for Ontario's Skinks and Ontario's Lizards: apparently only one type of each in Ontario, and these are not them.

Quite a few wild turkeys around in the spring when it was less busy here.  This one in particular liked to treat itself to the bird seed spilled under the feeder.  It's a wonder there was never a dog-turkey incident.  
Yet.

And I suppose this is how the birdseed spilled to the ground.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts from the Past